Base Stats: 103/105/72/105/75/65
Abilities: Intimidate, Frisk, Sap Sipper (H)
Notable Moves (Note that most of these are probably notable in ZU):
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
When one expects an evolution for someone like Stantler, it seems like all of it has to be nothing but up. Stantler, while its stats aren't that great do have potential to be something when it evolves. And unpredictable mixed attacker with a massive speed boost on evolution- haha lmao good mixed attackers mixed and high speed literally imagine
- It's got some pretty unique abilities. Intimidate is of course amazing, especially because it echances Wyrdeer's physical bulk, which we will get to in a bit.
- Sap Sipper isn't a bad ability either, giving a Grass immunity to a Pokemon with not a lot of resistances to begin with.
- 103/72/75 isn't special, but with invested bulk on one side, it can take hits, especially with the Intimidate boost.
However, the Monkey's Paw curled his finger, because all of these have a catch.
- It's offensive STAB is actively bad. Especially its laughably terrible options of special normal moves. This makes it completely outclassed by literally any other special attacker in the tier.
- You are wasting your tera on an attacker with 65 base speed. 105 attacking stats aren't great either unless it has things to back it up, such as Dragapult's high base speed and even higher base power moves.
- Defensively, it's a bad typing too. The one thing Psychic is good for defensively is gone. Good luck being exposed to every Fighting Pokemon ever.
- Grass coverage is absolutely rare asides from Meowscarada which can nullify Wyrdeer anyways with a single Knock Off.
- It can Tera to nullify such a bad type combination, such as Water, but Wyrdeer has no niche as a defensive mon as it lacks any utility moves it could ever used to do so. It doesn't even have recovery.
Skill (Wyrdeer) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Tera Blast
- Stored Power
With this set, Wyrdeer attempts to pick up the slack that Espathra left behind before they were assassinated [EDIT: THE SMOGON COUNCIL WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT ESPATHRA DIED OF A FENTANYL OVERDOSE.] using Wyrdeer's useful ability in Intimidate, most likely forcing the user out of a switch for a free set-up opportunity. Agility must be always prioritized and used first as Wyrdeer is piss slow, and Calm Mind if Wyrdeer actually wants to hit anything hard. It isn't much, but with enough smart playing on the 1300 ELO ladder, it's honest work.
Tera Fighting is used to hit Dark types such as Kingambit, and Samurott-Hisui, as well as hit Steels such as Magearna for anything. Tera Fairy can be used for Hoopa-Unbound which poops on Wyrdeer thanks to its comically high special defense. Be warned that Tera is a requirement if Wyrdeer is going to do anything because its default typing is bad, and that you will be at a handicap because Wyrdeer will inevitably be worn down because most people will know what you are cooking, and its not like Wyrdeer has anything to reinforce itself such as subbing or healing itself. It makes me realize how broken Espathra is as a stored power sweeper
...Though this is not to say this is a set that's going to be bad in the lower tiers. Credit me when Wyrdeer becomes ZUBL
Use of its mixed attacking stats are better off done with Iron Valiant.